Thematically concerned with ideas of expressing and defining identity, artist Michael Søndergaard produces ominously dark and eloquently beautiful and spirited fine art portraits.
Through performative and dynamic photography, he excels at capturing the power of vulnerability and the process of continually discovering and accepting oneself.
His work is informed by a personal and academic interest in religious studies, reflecting this through symbolism found in elements such as feathers, birds, special fabric or face marks.
- Rite, London – september 2019
- Galerie Biesenbach, Cologne – july 2019
- The Ravestijn Gallery, Amsterdam – march 2019
- Haute Photographie, Rotterdam – february 2019
- Project Room, Copenhagen – November 2018
- NW gallery, Copenhagen – November 2018
- The Hospital Club, London – September 2018
- Birds fly, short 2019 (in production)
- Hotel boy, short 2018